Document for Shipping Human Remains
REQUIREMENTS FOR SHIPPING HUMAN REMAINS TO NIGERIA
- Copy of Death Certificate.
- Copy of Transit/Burial Permit.
- Original Copy of Non-Communicable Disease Letter issued by Coroners, Medical Examiner or State/City Health Agency.
- Original Notarized Embalmers Affidavit stating how the body was embalmed.
- Original Notarized Letter from Funeral Home stating that the body has been placed in a hermetically sealed metal casket.
- The deceased’s Nigerian Passport (if not available, a relative with a valid Nigerian Passport should swear a notarized affidavit stating their relationship and that the deceased is a Nigerian).
- $30.00 (Thirty Dollars) Postal Money Order or Certified Bank Cheque as processing fee, made payable to the Consulate General of Nigeria, Atlanta.
- Contact Name, Address and Telephone Number of the receiving party in Nigeria.
- A self-addressed stamped express mail envelope should be enclosed with all the aforementioned documents for sending the Permission Letter.
- Formal Letter from the Funeral Home asking the Consulate to issue a Letter for Shipment of Human Remains to Nigeria.
- WAIVER FOR THE REPATRIATION OF CORPSE from the Federal Ministry of Health – Port Health Services, Abuja.
- Photocopies and Original Documents are required.