- With the commencement of the issuance of the e-passport in the Consulate, it has become necessary for the general public who seek the services of the Mission to take note of the following:
- All requests for visa and passport applications online using the website of the Nigerian Immigration Service: https://www.immigration.gov.ng
- That the e-passport is devoid of observation and endorsement i.e change of names owing to marriage and insertion of children.
- That Mission is not in the position as of now, to replace lost e-passport until clearance is obtained from the Nigeria Immigration Services, Abuja.
- Applicants are expected to have completed the processing of their application online and bring them to the Mission, as Mission will not provide in-house internet services for applicants; ensure that your payment receipt page is printed out and brought along with you.
- Cash transaction in whatever form, within or outside Mission’s premises or with any official of the Mission, is prohibited.
- The working hours of the Consular & Immigration Section of the Mission is from 9.00 am – 3.00 pm; Monday, Tuesday and Thursday (Documents Submission stops at 12:00pm).
- If your passport is 5 years and over, or if the pages are filled up, you need a re-issue and if less than 10 years you need a renewal. If your passport is lost, missing, defaced or burnt you need a replacement.
THE FEE FOR THE NIGERIAN E(ECOWAS) PASSPORT ARE AS FOLLOWS:
|Minor(0 to 17 years old)
|Adult (18 to 59 years old)
|Senior (60 and above)
Have a Credit Card ready or Purchase the amount of Post Office money order required.
Go to our website https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport for the electronic application.
Select Standard E-PASSPORT
Select UNITED STATES as processing country and Atlanta, GA as Office of Application.
PLEASE READ IN FULL THE GUIDELINES REGARDING PAYMENT ON THE START APPLICATION FEES PAGE
- Click on START APPLICATION. Choose from GOOGLE or YAHOO and create an account or if you have one, SIGN IN.
- Complete the application online and print out a copy of the completed application before you submit for payment.
- Complete the application for “ PRINT (2) copies “ click submit.
- On successful submission of your application, you will come to a page that will contain your reference ID which will also be emailed to you from the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS)
- Close the screen to proceed to payment or to input further applications (UP to 6 applications) Select method of payment (Money Order, Visa or American Express) and follow relevant steps.
Note: You may choose to exit the application to make payment at a later stage. To return, go to www.innovate1.com and sign in.
Upon making your electronic payment or after having entered and submitted your (UPS) money order details, you will first be e-mailed an acknowledgement. Please allow 1-2 business days for receipt of a confirmation payment e-mail from Innovate.
Note: Money orders should be purchased from the US Postal Service, this allows for immediate processing.
To print out your receipt/acknowledgement slip, go to –http://portal.immigration.gov.ng/visa/OnlineQueryStatus enter your application type, reference No., ID and click SEARCH RECORD. THE PAYMENT CONFIRMATION SLIP WILL CONTAIN AN INTERVIEW DATE, EVERY APPLICANT MUST ATTEND AND BRING THIS DOCUMENT IN PERSON ON THE GIVEN INTERVIEW DATE BETWEEN 9am – 12pm (Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays) – Note: NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 12PM.
Note: ALL APPLICATIONS ARE VALID FOR A PERIOD OF ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE DATE OF SUBMISSION ONCE THE TIME HAS LAPSED, APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO RE-APPLY AND MAKE ANOTHER PAYMENT.
DOCUMENTS FOR SUBMISSION (PER APPLICANT) AT INTERVIEW:
- Passport Payment Slip
- Passport Acknowledgement Slip
- Copy of online application form (signed and dated)
- One copy of Passport photograph
- Expired Nigerian Passport (If not presented will be considered lost)and photocopy of passport data page (which clearly shows photograph, full name and date of birth)
- Every applicant must appear in person at the Consulate for finger and thumb printing necessary to produce the E-passport.