PUBLIC NOTICE: COMMENCEMENT OF ISSUANCE OF THE ENHANCED E-PASSPORT
- The Consulate General of Nigeria, Atlanta, has commenced the issuance of the Enhanced e-Passport after successful roll-out in the United States of America on 5th July, 2022.
- New application for the regular e-Passport can no longer be made except for the Enhanced e-Passport.
- All applicants who have already applied for the regular e-Passport before the shutdown of the application portal on 2nd July, 2022 and able to make payment for the regular e-Passport, shall continue to receive attention and services within the window of the payment expiration indicated on the payment receipt/acknowledgement slip.
- The Enhanced e-Passport has the following features and benefits:
- Ten-year validity booklet that saves frequent visit to Passport offices.
- Highly durable booklet with enhanced security features that projects citizens integrity.
- Polycarbonate data page that enhances quality of the Passport.
- Strict appointment system for transparency and orderliness.
- The Enhanced e-Passport comes in three-categories:
||10 Years (Adults (18 years & above only)
- Additional mandatory requirement for processing the Enhanced e-Passport is the possession of the National Identity Number (NIN). Please visit: https://nimc.gov.ng/us-enrolment-centres/ for information on approved vendors for processing of NIN in the United States.
- Procedures for applying for the Enhanced e-Passport are as follows:
- Get your National Identity Number. NIN is a mandatory requirement.
- Visit https://immigration.gov.ng to apply and make payment.
- Book an appointment for biometric enrolment via https://appoinments.immigration.gov.ng
- Proceed for enrolment at the Consulate on your appointment date, taking along all required documents.
- Await delivery of Passport by Post.
- The arrangement of names (last/surname, first and middle) and date of birth (day/month/year) on the passport and the NIN must match exactly. Enhanced e-Passport cannot be processed if there are discrepancies in the Passport and NIN data. Details on both documents must be the same and exact.
- The Enhanced e-Passport can only proceed by visiting the respective Embassy/Consulate. Applications for Enhanced e-Passport cannot be processed at Passport Intervention Exercise outside the Embassy/Consulate.
- The online application, payment and appointment for the regular e-Passport and Enhanced e-Passport are independent of each other and cannot be switched or substituted for other.
- Walk-in without appointment is NOT PERMITTED on the Enhanced e-Passport platform.